Friday, December 09, 2005

Merry -------- Mas





OK. Have you noticed out of all the years we have witnessed the holiday season, 2005 has a big problem with the word or term "Christmas" with big businesses, politics and other social organizations.

I am having a hard time trying to realize why is that.

I guess those songs in the music stores should be changing sometime soon as well to fit the growing popular trends of today.

Like:

Rockin' around the holiday tree
at the holiday party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
every couple tries to stop
Rocking around the holiday tree,
let the season spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
and we'll do some caroling...

Like:


Merry Xmas baby, sure did treat me nice
Merry Xmas baby, sure did treat me nice, oh yeah
Bought me a diamond ring for Xmas
Feel's like I'm in paradise

Like:

We wish you a merry holiday
We wish you a merry holiday
We wish you a merry holiday
And a happy New Year

Like:

And so, I'm offering this
Simple phrase to kids from
One to ninety-two
Altho' it's been said many times
Many ways; "Merry Xmas to you"

Good grief, if you can't say Christmas...I guess secular society needs to take the word "Christmas" out of everything they created. When is too far just too far.

I guess they are gonig to take "Merry" away to since it sounds too much like the mother of Jesus. Well, let me go on the record for saying "Merry Christmas" and yes, I have a Christmas tree, not a holiday tree.

Props goes out to the Honorable Bernard Kincaid, mayor of the city of Birmingham, for going on the record for naming our city tree "a Christmas tree", not a holiday tree. Kudos.

No comments: